According to statistics, 95% of men admit to masturbating, 55% admit to masturbating weekly and 40% admit to masturbating daily. Even women are in on the action wherein 89% of women actually admit to doing the deed. Pretty much all of us know about it and most of us do it on a regular basis.
Masturbation feels good and it’s normal for both men and women. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, the good feeling happens as your body releases endorphins when you have an orgasm.
Here are more reasons why the solo session is good for you;
- It can prevent prostate cancer.
- It gets the toxins out of your body.
- Masturbating using sex toys can actually strengthen your pelvic floor.
- It can release all of these feel-good hormones, endorphins, and oxytocin, things that make you feel happy.
- It can prevent pain.
Masturbation Side Effects
While masturbation plays a significant role in our sex life, when done excessively, it can lead to both psychological, physiological imbalances and other issues such as;
- It creates conflict in the relationship.
- It creates rawness on the penis, resulting in injury to the soft tissues.
- It masks anxiety issues if you’re suffering from mental disorders.
- Orgasm during normal intercourse becomes harder to achieve.
- It leads to a high amount of Dihydrotestosterone, which results in hair loss.
Furthermore, medical experts recommend keeping masturbation frequency down to only two or three times a week. You should know that the internal body temperature increases with masturbation. This is the reason you feel more hot and sweaty. When ejaculation is carried out, excessive amounts of calcium are lost and it can cause fatigue and pain in the bones. Therefore, it’s important to replenish the minerals and nutrients that are lost in significant amount during each ejaculation.