Bryan E. Lewis
Author, Teacher, Lecturer
Bryan E. Lewis holds a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies from Southern Christian University (Montgomery, AL), and a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies from Amridge University, Turner School of Theology (Montgomery, AL)—where he is also currently working on his PhD in New Testament with a focus on Pauline Theology & Eschatology. Additionally, he has earned a significant amount of graduate credit from Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN). Bryan is an intensely passionate and engaging speaker who lectures regularly across the United States. He has served as an Adjunct Instructor of Classical/Biblical Hebrew in the Foreign Language & Literature Department at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN).
2015 Ph.D. in New Testament (in progress), Amridge University, Turner School of Theology.
- Concentration: Pauline Theology and Eschatology.
2014 M.A. in Biblical Studies, Amridge University, Turner School of Theology.
- Concentration: New Testament.
Thesis: The Ten Northern Tribes as Gentiles: Israel’s Restoration as a Metanarrative toward
Paul’s Jewish and Gentile Reconciliation.
2013 Graduate Credit, Vanderbilt University.
- Topics: (M.T.S) Early Christianity, Literature of the Ancient Near East, and Hebrew Bible.
2011 B.A. in Biblical Studies and Theology, Southern Christian University.
- Hebrew, Hebrew Bible, Ancient Near Eastern Literature, New Testament, Pauline Theology, Historical Jesus, Second-Temple Judaism, Early Christianity, and Textual Criticism.
- Adjunct Instructor of Biblical/Classical Hebrew, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN, 2015–2016. I teach on-campus, four classes per week—both Intermediate and Beginning Hebrew.
Research Languages (to-date):
- Greek and Greek Readings (I, II, III, and IV taken under, Dr. James Smeal, Ph.D., Vanderbilt University). Additional audited Greek courses taken at Vanderbilt University, as well as Greek Reading with Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Ph.D., Duke University, Durham, NC.
- Hebrew and Hebrew Readings (Hebrew I, II, III, and IV taken under Dr. David Warren, Th.M., Th.D. Harvard University, Dr. David Musgrave, Ph.D., Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, and Dr. Rodney Cloud, Ph.D., Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion). Additional, Hebrew Reading completed at Vanderbilt University under Dr. Douglas A. Knight, Dr.Theol., Georg-August-Universität, Göttingen.
- Member, Society of Biblical Literature.
- Student Advisory Board at Amridge University, Turner School of Theology.
- Bryan has lectured on the Hebrew Bible, Ancient Near East, Pauline Theology, Eschatology, Christian Origins, and the Historical Jesus.
Outside of the Academy:
- Current City: Spring Hill, Tennessee.
- Married 24 years to Holly, 3 Children (Brittnee 21, Kaylee 19, Joshua 17), and 1 Grandchild (Penelope 3).
- Bryan is a Private Pilot. He enjoys flying a Piper Cherokee, Cessna 172/182, and Diamond DA 40s.
- Bryan is a former Professional Musician. In the course of his music career, he worked with some of Nashvilles top session musicians.
- Bryan has served as a Worship Pastor, Associate Pastor, Senior Pastor, and Minister.
- Bryan served 5 Years 8 Months 23 Days in the U.S. Army and U.S. Army National Guard. Additionally, he was a member of the 3rd US Infantry Old Guard in Washington D.C. and was stationed at the White House, Pentagon, and Arlington Cemetery.